CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

By request... Here you go ladies, enjoy!

Super Yummy Caramel Corn

1/2 cup un-popped popcorn
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup nuts (optional)

Air pop popcorn and set aside. Remove any un-popped kernels. (You can also use one and half bags of plain microwave popcorn)

Over medium heat bring butter, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil. Stir slowly and let boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda. Stir mixture and it will fluff up. Pour over popcorn and mix. Add nuts if desired. (Hint: Its easiest to stir if you use more than one bowl)

Preheat oven to 275. Place popcorn mixture on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes stirring after every 5 minutes. Sometimes I like it really gooey so I don’t bake it. Adjust your baking time according to how crunchy you like it.

Enjoy!!! I make this almost weekly cuz its super easy and everyone LOVES it!

5 comments:

Unknown

So you're telling me you lost 50 pounds on the 'Caramel Corn' diet? Sign me up for that!

Amber Howard

Ha ha... Well I still eat it so YES, I guess I did. Its too good to resist. I don't deprive myself of anything or my diet would be a complete catastrophe! Mmmm... just talking about it makes me want some. Maybe I'll go home and make some to take to Mexico this weekend. LOL

Michelle

Sounds good to me - both the caramel corn and the trip to Mexico! Maybe I will make some up between soccer games, conference, college football, baseball (go bo sox)...

Nichols Family

I'm SOOOOO making this...just in time for the holidays! Thanks for sharing...

Viva la Mexico!

Turleygirl

I made some of this yummy stuff today. Thanks for sharing the recipe.