CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A New Leaf.....

Since it is tooo HOT to go for our evening walks, I haven't been getting much exercise. Which is not good when you are trying to get healthy and lose weight. So Stephanie, who lives across the street and myself decided that we would get up early in the mornings and go bike riding. Today was the first day and I had to drag myself out of bed. I am not a morning person and when the alarm went off at 5:30, I was NOT happy. It didn't help that I had went to bed after midnight. I got out of bed, through on some shoes, and I was out the door. When I pulled my bike out of the garage, the tires were flat. My first thought was.... oh well, guess I will just have to go back to bed. But I decided to ride my bike, flat tires and all to the gas station on the corner and fill them with air. After that, I was pumped and we had a great ride. We rode along the canal.... and under all the commuters on the freeway. It was great and the weather was fabulous. Hopefully we will both stay motivated to keep it up. If you want to join... (Lara) ha ha. Let us know, the more the merrier.

4 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell

HAHA you are funny. I only ran 3 nights last week and I am totally slackin this week. It's hard when you have a baby because Jon has to be home if I'm gonna go run and he's got summer school at nights so I barely find time. Unfortunately it's the same story in the morning. Jon leaves for work between 5 and 5:30am and I'm usually up feeding Ryder around that time so I don't know how I'll be able to ride bikes with you guys. If you went at night I'd be down. Jon's summer school is over the end of July :)

Shelley Goodman

Riding bikes are so fun...and hard! Your butt is going to be hurtin tomorrow. Come to think of it, we don't own any bikes, sad.

Brooke and Brett Martin

Oh my gosh I HAVE A BIKE that sounds like so much fun. So 5:30am huh? Brett usually leaves early however there are a couple mornings in the week he doesn't, when he doesn't leave early- then I'll email you the night before to confirm you guys are still on. COOL! HOW FUN!

hairprincess

thats sounds so fun i totally wana come with ya! how long do you go for? Its hard with a baby like Lara says Joe leaves for work at 630ish so that may work cause sometimes meg sleeps until then are you still doing that every morning? You are so like me I always say the more the marrier for sure!:)